Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Very interesting read that will get you hooked from page one.

I just finished shovel ready by Adam Sternbergh.  This is the first book in a series of books called The Spademan Novel. 
First of all this book takes place in the future and its placed in a dystopian world.  So if thats not your cup of tea, this might not be for you.  But if you like, end of time, dream worlds vs. real worlds, spying, murder, kidnapping...This book might be for you.  I dont like to give away any plot in my reviews, if you want a basic go to amazon and look it up.
I literally couldnt put it down and it is fast paced and exciting.
I do have to warn you though: The writing style is very unique.  What I mean is that quotes by people are not quoted, so as you begin the book it may be confused and not like it.  Do not fret!  Keep reading and your mind will learn to distinguish quote and description.  Sternbergh is a  very gifted author with a great future ahead of him (this is his first book).
It does have some language if you dont like that, be warned.
Gotta go, I am going to pick up book two in the series that has come out.  Check this book out first, I highly recommend it.
I recieved this book for free from bloggingforbooks.org.   

No comments:

Post a Comment