Monday, March 24, 2014

Seek First God's Kingdom

For just a moment I want you to do a thing that may seem morbid.  I want you to think of your own funeral.  It may be at a cemetery or a church building.  A group of people are gathered around your casket crying and celebrating a life lived.  The pastor opens up the microphone for people to talk and they begin to tell others how you lived your life.
What would they say?  At the end of your life what do you want remembered about you?  "They were all about money and riches" might not be the thing you want to be remembered by.
You know what I want to be remembered by?  Not perfection, or the right car, or the right house.  I want people to remember me as someone who seeks first the Kingdom of God.  I want people to know without a shadow of a doubt that I was about the business of God.
Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek first the Kingdom of God..."
What does that look like everyday?
-What are you focused on in your life?  What rules your thought life?
- Do you worry?  Turn your worry into prayers.
- Read your bible as a love letter from God Himself.
- When you are out in the community, live as a missionary.  Ask God what He would have you do in your community.
- Trust God with all your heart


At the end of my life I want to be remembered as someone who put Jesus first.  How about you???

No comments:

Post a Comment