Friday, May 8, 2015

book review: The bible in pop culture by Kevin Harvey

I just don't get this book.  I see what the author is trying to do.  He let's us peek into tv shows, movies, internet, just so we can see how the bible, God, etc are in pop culture.  I think i get it...but what's the point.
Yes, i believe God should impact culture but is this book trying to say that...I dont know.  Should we start watching those shows...I don't know.
Now to be fair, this was a relaxing, fun, entertaining read...but i didnt learn anything...which is fine.  Sometimes i like to read just for pleasure and this book fell into that category.
If you want to lear about the bible in pop culture...this is your book.
I recieved this book for free in exchange with an honest review from booklookbloggers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment