Friday, August 29, 2014

book review: Dancing on the Head of a Pen by Robert Benson

I often write and have a dream of publishing a novel some day.  So I read every book that comes out about writing and the writing life.  I picked up Dancing on the head of a pen by Robert Benson won a whim because to be honest, i never heard of him before.
I loved this book.  it is an easy read and very practical and hands on.  Benson blends his story of learning about how to write himself with ideas i can use right now.
My favorite chapter was chapter four: on writing every day.  It helped me realize that it is very important to keep writing even if you feel it isnt that good.  Benson claims that just getting it down is very important.  I happen to agree.
If you are a writer or a wannabe like me, you will love this book.  and now that I have read this book I will pick up other Robert Benson books to see the books behind the man i read about.
I recieved this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah publishers and through the blogging for books website.  thanks to them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment